I installed last beta version, and working on “old” project (note a new one), and it’s running pretty well but:
All the menu in the software after a few minutes are stuck / invisible. I’m note able to quit the software too as the pop up screen asking if I really want to quit is not showing up.
I can’t take a screenshot as it is useless (nothing to show).
After I restart the software menu are displayed and the hidden again after few minutes / manipulation.
MacBook Pro (15-inch 2017)
16Gb / Radeon Pro 560 4 GB
Audio routing: Loopback
I was running a workshop last night and had multiple crashes (unresponsive app) when switching between presets. I will see if I can replicate the issue on other machines (Intel and Apple silicon). A crash report was submitted.
Testing the same project on an M1 running Monterey (12.6.3) cures the preset switching. I suspect the MacBook needs a clean up and reset. But I’m getting the black bar issue in the UI which is obviously a big problem.
Let us know if you can recreate it. Was it caused by switching presets?
Something for us to try and figure out is if it is some incompatible media, ISF shaders, Vuo files, etc. People have built on top of the same old projects for years now, and with all the changes to Apple Silicon / M1 and Intel with these Universal applications, it’s harder narrow down the issue without some good crash logs and project files.
I had an old project that kept crashing because of a corrupted ProRes video file. It wouldn’t load, but slowly adding the media bin helped me figure out that the video file didn’t transfer correctly from my old hard drive to the new SSD. (plenty of examples like that).
@2bitpunk Note taken. For now I’d recommend sticking with b220.127.116.11. The major benefit of this version is for Ventura users who didn’t have vertical sliders. (unless you were experencing a lot of crashes with b18.104.22.168)