So spinning off from this thread,
Let’s talk about…
- What techniques are people using with Kinect and other depth sense cameras?
- What cool stuff have you seen / made using depth sense cameras?
- What new stuff is on the horizon here?
Here are a few starter notes:
- This tool can be used to get skeleton data from Kinect,
(lots more data than Gestrument Kinect, which is great if you want all that data)
(I think the CoM – Center of Mass – coordinate is what you’d want to use as the x/y position similar to Gestrument Kinect’s output)
- You can use the v002 Kinect plugin in Quartz Composer – this can be used along with the v002 Rutt Etra QC objects to visualize Kinect streams,
(you can run these comps in QC and Syphon out, or you can make comps to use directly in VDMX)
- Vuo has objects for working with Kinect, perhaps some other users can give their experiences with that, https://vuo.org/search/site/kinect