It would be outside the network… in fact in a different country.
The thinking is something like this:
• VDMX running in my studio in the UK. So my network and I have access to the router.
• This is the setup I use to broadcast live DJ sets.
• I have a live feed from my DJ partner in Cape Town, South Africa.
• I layer in visuals with VDMX for his set.
• When his set is done I take over and play my set.
• At this point he would take over control of VDMX to trigger visuals and basic mixing and effects.
My current thinking is MIDI over internet. He’s busy reconfiguring his studio at the moment so not had a chance to test. I’d then also send him a feed of the VDMX screen so he can see/get feedback from his MIDI inputs.
I guess VNC could work but he’d probably want more than keyboard and mouse controls.
Would also have triggering quantised so it’s happening in time with the music. This would compensate for network latency.
I’d be in the studio alongside the master system so could always adjust or correct things.
It’s just a bit of fun to keep us busy during these strange times.