Who has used VDMX as their primary DMX?

Has anyone ever used and have been satisfied using VDMX as their primary DMX controller?

It’s a bit more cumbersome to setup then other lighting apps, but I’ve seen some venues and performers use VDMX to run their complete show. I’ve used it here or there to turn on a par or hazer during a show, but not to work with moving head lights.

If you don’t mind me asking, what have you used or would recommend? I also honestly just want to make it work, mostly out of my stubbornness of deciding If I want to do something, I want to make it happen. Just from their tutorial and presets from almost 10yrs ago for par light color matching I have sliders set up for controls. really only need to build better on/off switches to go along with them for my setup.

Sure, What type of lights are you trying to control? I try to avoid USB to DMX personally, as I prefer Artnet devices, especially for LED pixel mapping. Enttec makes some standard devices (that I don’t personally own) that a lot of others have used with VDMX and Madmapper. I oddly enough found a Elation DMX Kling that I used in the past to drive two RGB LED par lights and a Hazer (all chained together). This was done over Artnet or sACN (can’t remember which one was easiest to setup on the Kling), but that device for $150 isn’t bad. An Enttec USB DMX device might be easier to setup with direct input, but half the time I’m a few hundred feet away from whatever LEDS, Pars, or Hazers I’m controlling.