VDMX6 1.0.5 Update

Hey all!

Back with another update to VDMX6, bug fixes AND some useful new effects!

https://www.vidvox.net/download/VDMX6_1.0.5.dmg
https://www.vidvox.net/download/VDMX6_Plus_1.0.5.dmg

• Added Blur & Pixellate Faces FX: Obscure detected faces using a blur or pixellate effect. Can be reversed to blur / pixellate the background. Works with multiple faces.

• Added Remove Background FX: Uses Person Segmentation to remove the area behind detected people in an image.

remove background

• Added Face Overlay FX: Draws a secondary image input over detected faces. Works with multiple faces.

• Added QR Code Generator source and QR Code Overlay effect.

And of course bug fixes, bug fixes, bug fixes!!!

• Movie Recorder now has a “Drive full” error when low on disk space.
  • Syphon Output plugins can be smaller.
  • Fix: Some ISFs (eg 3d rotate) had undefined image data in their “background” in some circumstances.
  • Fix: Dragging CoreImage filters from one layer to another caused incorrect output.
  • Fix: Some CoreImage parameters did not use their proper display names in generators / filters.
  • Fixes a potential audio analysis crash when attempting to access a channel from a device beyond the channel count.
  • Updates Syphon.framework to fix a crash under some circumstances.
  • Various other crash and bug fixes.
6 Likes

I have installed both versions and now it is not able to open VDMX6 /plus. It crashes.

Can I send bug reports?

I just sent the reports through VDMX5 report.

Question, did you install VDMX6, then install VDMX6 Plus? If so, there’s an issue where VDMX6 Plus modifies the install of VDMX6. To test this, simply reinstalled VDMX6 and see if opens.

Thanks

No, I only had the VDMX6 Plus version 1.0.3 installed. When I installed V 1.0.4, both stopped working.

I deleted the vdmx6 versions, and reinstalled the previous version vdmx6 plus 1.0.3. It opened correctly. I then installed version 1.0.4. and it also opened correctly without any problem so far.

Face detection looks amazing!

2 Likes

So after reinstall the issue has resolved itself?

Yes, everything seems to be working correctly at the moment.

1 Like

I have installed 6Plus version 1.0.3 but when i want o shoot a vuo file and touch the thumbnail, the whole interface freezes and I have to force the quit. I then installed the 1.0.4 to see if its resolved but cannot open it. it keeps crashing repeatedly. I have restarted the computer, but stil keeps crashing. This happens on both, Macbook pro M1 and on M2 Mac studio

Hi id!

Please send us a bug report to support@vidvox.net!

We can’t help you with reports like this on the forums.

1 Like

I just did, thank you

1 Like

Wow wonderful work ! so much fun using and iPhone in Continuity mode too ! so much potential. Have a slight issue with the blurred faces not working and only outputting a mask not a comp image. Sending a bug report over to try get to bottom of it. Can’t wait to use some face tracking QR codes in a show soon :)

Hey Dan!

Got your bug report, thanks, I think it’s a macOS13 thing, should have it fixed in a release later this week / next week!

Just a note on this thread, I removed the 1.0.4 release and replaced it with the 1.0.5.
There was a minor regression with receiving Syphon feeds in certain cases related to one of the crash fixes that is now corrected.