VDMX5 + Madmapper

Does anyone else have issues running VDMX5 and Madmapper at the same time?

I’m running an Apple M1 Pro 16GB on Ventura. I can run either separately with a whole stack of videos and effects with no problems, but as soon as I try to combine the 2, even with minimal effects - VDMX will usually freeze up.

I haven’t experienced any issues with running the two. I’ve been running them together for years.

A few questions. Are both running natively (M1 versions of Madmapper and VDMX5 running the latest version (not under rosetta 2)?

What’s your memory load look like on your machine? 16GB is about the bare minimum, do you have enough free space on your internal mac storage for SWAP to be used?

Are you running the latest versions of both and sharing over Syphon (not NDI on local machine).

I’m running both latest versions but the VDMX one is still showing ‘Intel’ kind in Activity Monitor.

Yes trying to Syphon out a camera from VDMX to MadMapper and thats where I usually run in to problems.

VDMX does show that its opening with Rosetta. Maybe its not the M1 native version?

Space wise I have 150GB available so should be plenty… Thanks for you help.

Uncheck open with Rosetta. Rosetta runs the application as an Intel emulation.

I’m also more interested in your memory load than CPU load.

Before turning off ‘open with Rosetta’

After turning off ‘open with Rosetta’

Instantly noticed a big improvement as soon as turning off the ‘open with Rosetta’ option and doesn’t seem to be freezing anymore. I imagine this issue affects a lot of new users as the default was to ‘open with Rosetta’ so might be one to look in to for next update.

Thanks for the help, have got them both firing together good now :)

By default, Rosetta is not turned on if you are installing on an Apple Silicon device. That is only necessary to use some legacy features.

Glad it’s working better now!