VDMX UI breaks

VDMX’s buttons and sliders break after loading a couple of videos or switching between effects. I’ve tried increasing/decreasing UI item rendering FPS but the problem persists. Sometimes it works fine for a while but it always ends up turning to black, I’m able to interact with some buttons (I can tell from the changing values on the inspector) but sometimes they don’t work at all. I’m also loading 1 or 2 videos at a time so I don’t think I’m overloading VDMX.

Specs:
Apple Macbook Pro M1 Max
32 GB
Monterrey OS

** I’ve already tried VMDX 8.7.2.11/12/13/14
*** I’m currently testing 8.7.2.14 running normally (not rosetta) which does seem to help

I’ve only see that issue happen running w/ Rosetta 2 on an M1 Mac in b8.7.2.11 and the previous non-apple silicon native versions.

Are you saying it is happening in b8.7.2.13 running natively?

I guess the issue happens when running through Rosetta, it was happening with .13 as well, non-natively

Yeah, it’s a strange one. I’ve had it happen under Rosetta on .10 and then not under .11, .12. (as dumb as it sounds): If you close and re-open it a few times, or change templates, and reload projects, does it go away?

Hmm doesn’t seem to go away with certain projects, but turned on Rosetta and it seems to be working perfectly. I guess that’s the easiest solution for now, can make it work like that. Thanks for the help!

That or see if rebuilding your project takes it away. Some of us are working with projects that were originally created pre-2009. :woman_shrugging: