VDMX macOS X 13 Ventura Update Guide

Thanks for filling us in. After you updated did you reinstall VDMX to make sure there were no code signing errors?

Also, did you re-enable all disk permissions for VDMX (which may need your approval before VDMX can access the disk properly).

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

That’s a very good point. I didn’t check any of that. I will uninstall and reinstall VDMX now and re-enable all permissions and play around with it. Will get back to ya.

I am back with an update.

After uninstalling and reinstalling VDMX, I can confirm that I can still not see the volume control in Layer Src when playing a media. It’s there, I can stil control it, but the UI is not visible. I am running Ventura.

Here is a screenshot:

As you can see, there is no visible UI for volume control. However, if I put my mouse over that part and click and drag, I can still control the volume.

Full Disk Access is enabled.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Yes, other users are rolling back to OSX 12 Monterey where VDMX is stable.

Unless purchasing a new laptop, it is not advised to update OSX so soon after the launch. Lots of bugs and fixes that will need addressed.

Will there be an update for VDMX soon with full support for Ventura?

Unsure when that will be. There was already an update planned to be released soon with multiple fixes, but this will throw a curve in the timeline and requires more testing.

updated to Ventura, VDMX installed and seems to work fine.

Which version of Ventura and VDMX are you running?

Ventura 13.1
VDMX5_b8.8.0.5

Are you running Apple Silicon or Intel? Thanks

Arm (at least 20 characters)

Any update on a VDMX for Ventura update?
Also having the issue with vertical sliders not showing.
running b8.8.0.5

1 Like

I too am desperately waiting for a Ventura update. Feels like the update cycles are becoming longer and longer.

The vertical sliders not showing I’ve also noticed doesn’t show up anywhere, including in the custom control surface, if I make an UI element vertical, it disappears (it’s there, I can control it, I just can’t see anything, it becomes invisible), but if I change it back to horizontal, it appears again.

But currently the most annoying bug for me is that menu items (anything with a popup menu, whether it be from a right click, or from the top menu bar) randomly stop showing up every now and then, and can only be fixed through a VDMX restart. This is a scary nightmare during shows.

1 Like

Take a look at: https://discourse.vidvox.net/t/vdmx-beta-8-8-0-6-now-ready-for-testing-m1-intel-osx-10-15/

2 Likes

Seems like data looper plug-in not working eg not respond to record or playback with
M2ventura vdmx 8.8.6. ?

Also
With wave clock
Do you advise not use at all in Ventura? On m1/m2
Or
Just use as self running clock bpm eg without using beat detection?
When I try to turn on auto beat detection I get warning about needing to open with Rosetta
But if I open vdmx with Rosetta all panels loose their interface visuals
Thanks ertle(paul)

Can you submit a bug report using the built-in bug reporter, via the help menu? Add a little description and send it it.

Wave clock is not Apple Silicon native, and it’s uncertain when it ever will be (developed by outside dev (plenty of posts on the forums about it)).

So I’m not sure when it will run natively, but we would like Ventura to be able to run VDMX under Rosetta 2.

Will do today
Thanks

well Good News ! I guess… I started up VDMX this morning ready to send bug report- same project as yesterday but now Data Looper is reacting and responding perfectly AND even opening VDMX with Rosetta this time interface is all fine AND Waveclock beat detection also working Great! Hopefully it all stays that way… apologies and thanks!! PS. I have changed the Preference VUO to run as separate process- this seems to have helped enormously - occasional VUO FFGL sources freeze but VDMX keeps going-- Cheers. OF course can speak to soon-- screenshots show one of two wave clock interfaces partially disappeared… last image shows numbers in “clock 2” but none of the rest of the interface… not a big deal still usable just disconcerting :)