VDMX for me? Track multiple videos to audio track

Im looking to track multiple videos to one instrumental track for multiple simultanious projections. Is VDMX right for me?

I have all the videos already edited to the track for dynamic effect. No need for layers. But I need all video to start at the same as the music so everything lines up.

Idea: press ‘PLAY’ and all starts together
Audio1 >> Speakers
Video1 >> Projector 1
Video2 >> Projector 2
Video3 >> Projector 3
Video4 >> Projector 4

1 Like

yes it is $$$$$$$$$$$

I’ve tried starting all the videos simultaneously using the “Normalize Time” feature.

HOWEVER, using this feature I see major glitches and delays in the videos that have been made ‘slave’ to the start time of the primary video.

Example:
Video1 - Master video - starts and plays perfectly
Video2 - Time Normalized to Video1 - Starts simultaneously to Video1 with bad delays

Need:
I need a method of starting multiple videos simultaneously that will not delay or corrupt my videos. Any ideas?

I’m not sure whether you’ll have sync issues or not with VDMX and triggering audio with multiple videos. It might drop frames as needed.

QLab with Video probably can do this, and is programmed for a more accurate sync on simultaneous media for a Cue.

MadMapper can probably do this.

Would like to know more myself.

1 Like

Why don’t you trig the videos with the same : key / midi note ?

1 Like

Thank you.I’ll take a look at those services. I think I’ve corrected this issue by triggering with a key, but…

QUESTION:
I still have a question about Sending 4 the non- mirrored video tracks to multiple projectors (4).

I have a 15 inch MacBook with 4 lightning inputs.
At least two of the inputs would probably be used (one for charging, and another to send audio to a soundsystem).

Is VDMX or another softwear able to distinguish between and send 4 individual video streams to 4 projectors corresponding to each video ?

Could I solve this lightning port limitation with more hardware or do I need a different computer?

Thanks again for the help.

this did work! yes!

But before I buy VDMX software I still need be sure I can send my 4 unique video tracks (now triggered simultaneously THANK YOU), to 4 individual projectors, with each projector displaying only the video from one video track.

I have a 15 inch MacBook with 4 lightning inputs.
At least two of the inputs would probably be used (one for charging, and another to send audio to a soundsystem).

Could I solve this lightning port limitation with more hardware or do I need a different computer?

Thanks again for the help.
-R

maybe you can use headphones out for the audio ?
for the multiple output thru lightening as I don’t have any I can’t tell you

First of all … with only 3 outputs you should probably get a docking station so you don’t lose one port for charging.

Another idea: Create a video with all 4 videos next to each other and see how that goes.