Strange issue


#1

Hello,
I have a kind of media player preset. It worked kind of but now i’m on a new computer and have strange issue.
I have 19 mediabin, each one is different page and go to different layer. The first trigger with osc, the other trigger by index on the mediabin1.
It seem that i have a limit. Only 8 mediabin trigger albeit they all linked to the first. Also, the first trigger but don’t show the clip. It is like there is a limit on layer and trigger.
Anyone know if there is a limit ?


#2

There isn’t any technical limit – can you send us a bug report from the Help menu so we can get a better look at what you are trying to accomplish? Or if you can send us a set of simple steps we can follow to recreate the problem from a new project that would also be great.

As a side note, if you are using movie files here, you probably want to use HAP encoded media for that many media files playing concurrently, if you aren’t already.


#3

Hello thank’s for the answer,
actually, strangely i end up making the whole project (preset) from scratch again and it work directly.
So i had problem with copying it.
It worked in my laptop, then i copy it into an hackitosh and it didn’t worked. I made it again from zero on the hackintosh and then it worked.
I’m thinking it may be an hackintosh problem, strangely. It seem to work but if i put 2 GPU some app like resolve recognize them and use them rightfully but VDMX only see one of them, and it is described as a “radeon prototype”. If i use one GPU it work fine, if i put 2 ones, even only one media (everything is hap) is shaggy. With one i can trigger much more together.
Maybe, even probably it is an hackintosh problem as with the laptop it work better albeit it is an old one.
VDMX see a 580 radeon.
I wish i could just reinstall everything but i’m quiet afraid of the licence as one computer is in my laptop, one other is the hackintosh and the third i really wish to keep it free in case of emergency.