Similar software to replace QC files?

Hi all!

I just got a new Mac Studio with OS 14.2 and as you all know Quartz Composer is basically obsolete.
In my earlier VDMX project I used QC to import 3D objects but now I cant use those files anymore.

Is there any similar software where I can publish inputs like QC?
Anyone else maybe got QC to work after all?

This is one of the main reasons for the Vuo support with VDMX. Vuo offers a similar node based workflow that QC once had: How Vuo works | Vuo

A step up from that would be ISF shader (which can do much of the same), but has a more code-based workflow. Luckily, some newer ML/AI LLM can be helpful teachers in writing and debugging ISF code, such as ChatGPT, Google Gemini.

There might be some more future functionality with other node based applications that are currently not implemented in VDMX, but those are the main two to act as a bridge for losing QC.

1 Like

Thanks, been playing around with Vuo now but having problems with publishing the inputs.

If I select a value (for example the scale) and choose publish input, I cant see it in VDMX.
But, if I add a new port > single value > 2D point (not connected to anything in Vuo) I can see it in VDMX, but as soon as I connect it to input value in Vuo it disappears in VDMX.

The videos I find doesnt go in detail about this.
Do you have a good tutorial for this?

EDIT: I figured it out. Needed to publish the values as β€œreal”.

1 Like
1 Like

@Motus_Lumina thanks for sharing!

You are welcome@ProjectileObjects
If you are interested send me an e-mail at contact@motuslumina.com

1 Like