Quad / warp per output

hi,

just a simple question : i am using the advanced output mode where i can cut a part of the source and send it to an output. But is there, or will there be a quad and/or warp function by output ? (like in resolume, Millumin or Madmapper)

thanks a lot

You can do basic perspective correction on a per layer basis from the Layer Composition controls,

We may add more advanced mapping controls in a future update.

3 Likes

ok ! thanks for the heads up !

I am aware of the quad correction on layers but i need perspective correction on the output in some cases. So for now i am using another software for that purpose when i need to until you add some more mapping features in the future.

thanks a lot !

Hi, I have a show coming up with a LED stripes with 4608:144 resolution.
In Resolume there is an option for maping so the image repeats itself, is to say my 16:9 is repeated 18 times along the stripe. Can I do this in VDMX? in an Output window there are options like stretch, fit, fill…but I would need something like ‘repeat’. Or would there be another way to achive this?
Thank you for any help

A few things to try.

• You can try make multiple layers (copy/paste) and group them into a single layer. Or change the visual on one layer and have the other layers be a slave to it (pulling their input from the first layer).

• I believe someone made a Vuo plugin that does this, but right now the forums need an update to fix the search feature.

• If it is for LED pixel mapping, I’d recommend MadMapper over VDMX. It will be much easier to adjust your source material and LED groups. VDMX’s DMX works, but wasn’t overhauled for better “pixel mapping.”

You can change your output composition to be whatever size you want. You can simply use a multiplication symbol to get there faster (e.g. 1280 * 16) > hit enter.

Hi,

thank you so much for your answer.
I will use Resolume after all, I think it will be much easier. I was already thinking about your first solution before. But to cover 4608x144 I would have to create around 17 layers, so I thought it was too much.
Could you please explain what you mean exactly by this:
Or change the visual on one layer and have the other layers be a slave to it (pulling their input from the first layer)…you mean only create one media bien and the same clip would be automatically played in all layers…how can you do that, I was trying, but cann’t figure it out.

Thanks again!

You can make multiple layers in VDMX. (I think the Max I could run on a M1 Max MacBook Pro was 107 1080p30 layers before they started to drop frames). But that was playing 107 video streams at the same time. Instead, of playing 107 videos at the same time, you could play 1 video, and use the first layer as the source for all the additional layers. (with FX or Pre-FX)

Got it, thanks so much. I’m carrying both, a PC with with Resolume just in case but will try to play from VDMX. Im just finishing the set up now.
Thanks so much for your help!