Please help! Black Canvas/Main Output

Hey!

I must be missing something but when I tried to start a new project today, I couldn’t get anything to show up in the Canvas/Main Output when selecting something from my media pool. I am new so I figured I was missing something. The Main Output window is just black. I was able to play with the demo project two days ago and it was displaying the project in the Main Output window but when I switch to that project, I am still only getting a black window. I am using VDMX6 on an M3 Mac Sequoia 15.0. Let me know if this is a simple user error or if you want I can provide screenshots.

Thank you!
Mike

Here is a screenshot of what I see.

Hi Mike,

What does your memory usage look like? Can you share a screenshot from your Activity Monitor?

Also, what are the rendering GPU settings set to in the VDMX > Preferences menu?

It’s strange that it would work for a little then stop. Have you been on OSX Sequoia this whole time or did you just update to the latest OSX?

Thanks

Hey!

Thank you for helping!

Here is a screenshot of my Activity Monitor.

I haven’t changed the settings between when it was working and when it started acting up. Here is a screenshot of my Rendering settings.

It was working before I updated to Sequoia. I opened up VDMX last night after downloading some GIFs to play with and when I started it up, the Canvas was black. I looked around in settings to see if there was anything I could change that looked like it could help but saw nothing. I thought that maybe I had opacity at 0% but that was not the case. I tried to change an input to my built-in camera and still just black. I checked the input using the workspace inspector and VDMX is able to use the camera. I noticed that there was an OS update so I thought that updating might help. I updated and still only a black canvas. I uninstalled VDMX and reinstalled but I still have the same problem.

I hope this is helpful info.

-Mike

Hey Mike!

Can you send us a bug report from the Help menu so we can get a look at your console logs, etc.

Usually the best thing to do whenever you run into any issue like this!

2 Likes

This has been solved. I am crazy and changed the VDMX Resouces location thinking that this was a path to save projects or media by default. I was wrong and forgot that I changed this setting. Thank you the assistance in trying to figure it out.

1 Like