Opacity Fader Issue On Layers

Hello -

I did my first gig using VDMX and I had an issue where the opacity faders for layers weren’t working well.

I did all I could. Sometimes they would work and other times just not. Does this have to do with
any particular kinds of media clips?

The faders were not locked.

I am using a Late 2021 Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Pro chip (16 inch, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD).

Thank you for any ideas.

This sounds like a bug with older versions of VDMX. What version of OSX are you running and what version of VDMX are you running?

Hi -

I am running Version b0.9.9.2.0. I decided to update Ventura to Version 13.6.6 before I got back on here to see if it fixed anything and now I can’t get anything to load into the preview window from the Media bins. However, the layer opacity sliders are now all working - just nothing to work on.

Thanks for any ideas!

I would recommend deleting and reinstalling VDMX after any update. Updates can cause issues for various reasons. If you installed 9.9.2.0 after updating to Ventura, I would try b8.8.0.9 which has been pretty great on OSX 12 and 13 for some time now.

Before you leave 9.9.2.0, please send a bug report using the built in help menu. It will send over some system specs that we can keep an eye on to see if it happens to others.

Thanks

1 Like