Need help with shape identification in MAX MSP

Hi,

so we have this simple project to do in MAX with Jitter: We have a few different black forms we film in front of a bright background. We want the background to take on a specific color and a specific music to play in the background to every form.

My idea would be to change the whole scene somehow to black and white, 0 or 1, then somehow identify the shape and with the data play the specific music and somehow make everything that is indicated as 1, white, in the picture to take on a color, say red.

My problem is, I don’t know the objects to do this. The black and white part is surely the easiest. But can you tell me an object to identify a shape on the screen? And more importently, there has to be a way to color the background, but I have no idea how to do it.

I really would appreciate any help I can get.
Thank you!

This might be a question best asked over at the cycling74 forums,

I’m not sure how up to date they are (there might be newer / better techniques) but you may want to check out these 3rd party cv.jit plugins that are based on OpenCV:
https://jmpelletier.com/cvjit/

My gut feeling is that the best way to identify shapes is going to come down to the types of shapes themselves, and the potential rotations / distortions that might happen to them during presentation.

Thank you,
yes I posted over there too. But I have not much time and they need to verify first, before it is opened, so I tried somewhere else too.
Yes, cv.jit tells me something… think I heard this before. But I am just lost with all the objects.

Sadly I don’t udnerstand what you mean by your last paragraph.