Midi Message

Hello, I don’t know if it is possible, but i would know if there is some way to detect all midi notes in a channel. A midi message like “/MIDI/ch. 1/notes[*]” , so i don’t have to assign every note manually.

Thanks

In some places you can do a range detect, but I’m not sure if it covers the particular use case you are looking for – perhaps you can be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish?

There is not support for use of wildcards in the way that you’ve mentioned, at least not for MIDI inputs.

Here are a few examples of places where you can do a range detect, media bins, slider marks and pop-up menu selection.

I have the same problem… it’s tedious work to get MIDI notes I want/need into VDMX. A start would be to have a second option to add notes / CCs by typing them into the Dedicated MIDI window. Best would be some kind of table divided into coloms for Channel, Note, CC or something and the name that should be displayed.

I would be great to hear more about your particular use case!

Feel free to send us more info about what you are specifically trying to accomplish and maybe we can work it in as a feature request in a future update.

I just saw this already possible since forever …but not to add them manually - you have to detect something first. Would be nice to do this. Also I’d still love to see the Dedicated Controls to popup in the Comm Display as this is always good to see if the MIDI message arrived or not.

Hi
Maybe it could help you

but when I need that kind of set up
I use my Ableton where I create a midi in a midi track sending on midi channel xx with as much as needed notes
then do “detect all” and then play the clip
this is the fastest way I found to do that

Working with hardware … but yeah … this is the only workflow possible so far - already figured. Thanks for the input!