MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), VDMX is working on Ventura v13..4?

I’m about to upgrade the OS of my MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
From Catalina v10.15.7 to Ventura v13…4,

VDMX is working on Ventura v13…4,

Yes, use the latest beta.

I’m looking to purchase a new Macbook Pro 16" which will come with the latest;

macOS Ventura 13.5.1

Apple M2 Max with 12‑core CPU, 38‑core GPU and 16‑core Neural Engine
96GB unified memory

Is the latest VDMX working with this hardware/OS please?

Hard to say. Maybe someone else with that exact model can chime in?

Based on some posts in the forums people running b8.8.0.9 seem to be bumping into freezing UI issues on 13.5. it’s being looked into now.

1 Like

I just got a MBP 14" which came with the latest macOS 13.5 (I’ve not updated to 13.5.1 yet). It’s an M2 Pro. This system will do audio work so not intended to run VDMX but I just tried now to open VDMX, it seemingly opens fine and gave it a quick test with the facetime camera and some effects, seemed okay. So at least it launches fine and the UI didn’t freeze for the few minutes I tested. It would probably be good to hear from someone who’s using it extensively though.

On my visuals computer which is an MBP 16" M1 Max I’m still on 12.6.x (and will never update unless forced) and have no problems with heavy VDMX work.

What I have NOT tested which is CRITICAL, is if the Recording Indicator Utility works on 13.x. (The tool that disables the idiotic orange dot appearing upper right on all screens whenever camera/microphone is attached and active on the system.) According to the latest update it should be 13.x compatible but i haven’t had the time (or need, yet) to verify.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

What version of VDMX are you using?

To add I’m using VDMX Version b0.8.8.0.5 with Vuo 2.4.1 for my clips but currently with OS 12.6 on my MBP mid 2015 which works fine for me although well over due for replacing.

Not sure if you or anyone is using this combination of VDMX and Vuo (2.4.1 or 2.4.2) on a newer version MBP?

I checked with Apple Support and they said rollback is only possible to the version it is shipped with once you update the OS in the future.

VDMX is version 8.8.0.9 and Vuo is 2.4.1.1776 on the macOS 13.5 system. I tested one of my custom made VUO filters in VDMX, it worked fine for me, but again, I just inserted it on the facetime camera layer, saw that it worked fine for two seconds, and then removed it, did the same with a handful of randomly selected FX. I did not do any kind of production testing.

Perhaps someone else here has been using VDMX on macOS 13 for longer.

1 Like

Ok thank you for the info and if anyone else has feedback thats great.

2 Likes