Livid OHM RGB MIDI Controller Fandom and Repair Thread

Random question, I hope someone following this thread can answer. I’m going to build a custom / tiny and portable MIDI controller for some basic travel gigs. I’ve got the 10K linear potentiometer that I like from the LIVID Ohm, but does anyone know the values of the Rotary pots or even the RGB push buttons?

I’d be interested in recreating something with back lit buttons (with the same quality as LIVID).

Thanks!

1 Like

I just picked up an OhmRGB slim for a low price. Had a semi-broken usb connector (missing middle plastic to hold the pins secure).

Overall, it looks like it mostly works. I did notice however that the Green LEDS do not work on the bottom 3 rows of 64 and a few select buttons, in a pattern too.

Was considering trying to look and repair the LED issue, i can handle the USB swap. Anyone ever have this issue or know were to begin looking???

Can’t say I have. I’ve swapped the USB ports before, and at some point I’ll swap them for USB C ports, but no issues with any of my LEDs.

Quick question for the experts here. Noob with the Ohm RGB, picked it up locally for cheap last fall. Can the controller be used as the main controller in a dawless setup?

I believe if you have the Ohm with the 5 PIN MIDI in / out, that you can use it as a controller without a computer. When you use the Ohm software to program the controller, you can set the MIDI values for each button.

1 Like