JPEG resolution

Hi. Is there a resolution limit for JPEGs?
I have a map of the world which is 21600x10800. the layer says it is only 4192x2096.
can i get around this?
cheers.

tried converting to hap file, but i think the resolution is too high. everything just hangs or crashes.
would be great to get VDMX to render the full resolution JPEG, if at all possible.

1 Like

I don’t know, but I guess it’s due to a limit of a framework external to vdmx.

Vuo might provide a solution.
It might share the same restrictions, but perhaps slicing and then stitching the original image would be an option.

1. In the VDMX preferences you can specify what the maximum resolution images should be load as – images over this resolution will scaled to this size.
  2. Images that are bigger than the max texture size for your GPU may run into issues!
  3. Feel free to send us a reproducible test case (project file / media) for us to try out ourselves!
2 Likes

I can not specify a resolution higher than 4192 pixels. Is this a limit?

It could be a limit with your system. What are the specs?

I can change mine to 999999999999999, but it doesn’t mean my machine could handle something that large.

Does that setting hold when you restart VDMX??

Mine always resets to 4028. GPU is a Radeon 5300m 4gb Vram

Same here, I can change it to a higher value but vdmx puts it back to 4192 after restart.

Macbook Pro 2018
PROCESSOR 2.6GHz 6-core Intel Core i7
GRAPHICS Radeon Pro Vega 20
MEMORY 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 memory
STORAGE 1TB SSD

No :upside_down_face:

It doesn’t look like it holds. My bad.
But adjusting the canvas to 8k seems to work, and changing the Max Image Size to pull from the canvas. ( I don’t have an 8k monitor to test it on, so I can’t speak about quality.)

What version of OSX?

OSX version 12.6 Monterey

Problem solved with the new beta release!

2 Likes

Thanks @ali-d

Link to that here: VDMX Beta 8.8.0.8 now ready for testing! (M1/Intel) OSX 10.15+ - #3 by zeppo

1 Like