ISF Editor not working for me (at all)

Hi, there! Recently, I found this cool shader in ShaderToy which I wanted to use as a screensaver for my computer. I found a program that can do this for me, but it requires that the shader is converted to an ISF file. So I downloaded the ISF Editor to do that conversion, but, long-story-short, it doesn’t work for me. Everytime I click it, it opens normally, but after 3 seconds of waiting for it to load, it crashes. If I click on something or try to move a window, it crashes even faster. I tried running it on compatibility mode, it failed. Tried running it as administrator, it failed. Tried re-downloading it multiple times with/without my antivirus enabled, it didn’t help. What should I do?

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i3-5010U CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
RAM: 4GB

I’m very new to this, so I don’t know if I’m typing the specs correctly. Nonetheless, I hope somebody can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Sounds like you have to debug the GLSL / ISF code and figure out what is causing your crash. Could be a memory leak?

Or you could reach out to the person who originally wrote the code on shadertoy and ask them to make you a stable ISF version to use as a screensaver (or standalone screen saver).

Maybe offer to pay them since it takes a lot of time to write shaders, and you are just cross converting their code. I think any $ would be a good gesture.

1 Like