Introducing VDMX6 and VDMX6 Plus

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. I want to buy the VDMX 6 license but I’m holding out to make sure I can utilize Touch Designer. In the images below you can see I have the commercial license version of TD, but when I try to open the .tox files they just never open up, nor do I see anything selectable in VDMX 6 plus (this is the vdmx6plus non-licensed, just downloaded to test)

will do. Where can i find the log-file for these ISF-errors?

Take a look documentation for how to install TD files so VDMX6 can see them.

Thanks, it looks like there is a minimum version requirement for Touch Designer:

I believe if you open the .tox in your version of TD, save as and replace the one included in the .DMG, VDMX most likely won’t throw this warning. This is more or less being passed through from TouchDesign in order to run the TouchEngine.

May seem like silly question but I couldn’t find this anywhere. Does VDMX6 officially support MacOS Sequioa? Is it safe for me to update?

From what I know, VDMX6 has been tested on Mac OSX Sequioa, (yes), and is running, VDMX5 however is not. I would also defer to all previous posts on this forum about upgrading to the latest version of OSX upon release (don’t do it.).

If you feel like googling, you’ll find major issues that takes Apple months to solve after every major update release. Sometimes it is specific to certain hardware, other times, it breaks applications and the develop has to fix something, but more often than not, they claim a bunch of benefits, and never read off any warnings.

If you are going to try Sequioa, I would have a full backup of your current (running) OS in place, or install it on a partition.

After about a month of it being released and Apple patching a bunch of things, we’ll have a better idea of how it performs with VDMX6

Update: A post on firewall issues with Sequoia (another reason to not update immediately):
https://mjtsai.com/blog/2024/09/18/macos-firewall-regressions-in-sequoia/

1 Like

That did the trick! Buying the 6 Plus license now, thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hi,
I freshly installed VDMX6Plus! Amazing! Congrats!

I found a little bug: when I put a VUO image generator composition in the VDMX mediabin and trigger the media, the VDMX workspace Inspector hides. When I click on another plugin like some corner of the mediabin, the window reappears…
This doesn’t happen with other types of media.

Thxx for taking a look.

Sonoma 14.6.1
M1 Max
VDMX Version 1.0.0 (1.0.0)

I’m also wondering about the upgrade path from VDMX5? Is there any discount for existing older users for VDMX6? or is the discount only for VDMX6 Plus?

Use the build in Bug Reporter to share this bug with the VDMX team. Help menu > Report bug.

The VDMX Edu and hobbyist discount is $25 off VDMX6 and $100 off VDMX6 Plus. Previous VDMX5 users get $100 off Plus, but do not get $25 off VDMX6.

(Note: VDMX6 Plus is already $100 less than VDMX5, and VDMX6 is already at the “lowest price” that VDMX5 was ever sold out $99 on Black Friday / Cyber Monday for EDU and Hobbyist users).

In comparison, what is the lowest upgrade price for Resolume users? $150, or $250? I don’t want to compare apples to oranges, but in comparison, there’s nothing else like it. As mentioned in the CDM post about VDMX6 VDMX6 is the biggest live visual news on Mac in over a decade - and it's $99 - CDM Create Digital Music

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

As someone who barely uses vuo and can’t afford a commercial license for touch designer I was just wondering if there was any discount for a vdmx5 to vdmx6 update, even $25 could be helpful for some artists.

I do appreciate your lowered entry price and the update to metal. I’ll personally be getting the plus just to future proof myself.

Thanks @C60 FWIW You can also buy VDMX6 and upgrade to VDMX6 Plus for the same price later. Another benefit to VDMX6 Plus is you can use the same license on the latest version of VDMX5, so if you have a slightly older machine, or an intel one running an older version of OSX that would run VDMX5 better, then you can run that as well.

Regarding your VUO generator making the UI disappear. Go into VDMX preferences, and see if you have set Vuo to run in another process or not.

Check or uncheck it if you experience this issue and try again.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!:rainbow: UpDates of great realtimevideoSoft are allways great news, thx a lot, & do not forgath to go forword by recoding your complet sourcecodes to Vulkan.

:heart::green_heart::blue_heart: by a lover of movingMotion in RGB,
bennoH.:panda_face: + :chipmunk:&:chipmunk:

Hello @PXL did you try this in 1.0.1 before sending a bug report?

WOW! you are on fire the last couple of months! Amazing!!!

:rofl: :heart_on_fire: @Jernej thanks! VDMX6 is finally here!