How to resize a png or gif

If i have a png that’s stuck in a certain size and I want it to be able to be moved across the whole visual field, which effect do I use to effectively resize or expand>

Hi @deadandco

Good question! As with almost anything in VDMX, there are a number of ways you can do this.

First lets start with the composition size adjustments.

On the left is the composition window, in the middle is the “fullscreen / output window,” and on the right is the png being played.

If I choose “Fill” in the sizing mode, you can see how VDMX attempts to fill the image to the screen. This will expand the image without distorting it. The final size will depend on the size and aspect ratio of your screen.

Next, “Stretch” you can see that it is more or less “squeezing” the image into the frame.

This is “Fill” with some added adjustments to “Width” (1.16) to remove the black edges from the frame.

And here is fill with width and height adjusted. See how it is zooming in.

Now, If you want to use some FX to do this, you may have to “Group” a layer.

If you apply the Zoom X/Y FX to your PNG layer itself, VDMX will keep the layers source size when applying the effect. (Which in this case is 666 x 1352 :imp:) So when you adjust the “zoom” it will crop the image.

To get around this, I can “Group” the layer inside another layer (or in this case, I can apply the Zoom FX to the main composition FX since I only have 1 layer.

Now when I apply Zoom FX to the Group FX (or main canvas if you want applied across the entire project output), you’ll see that the Zoom adjusts across the entire output.

More info can be found on this in the VDMX docs https://docs.vidvox.net/

Or on the tutorials page: https://vdmx.vidvox.net/

how do i get the composition window to pop up?

what do i do when using 4 channel mixer

The composition window is created when you make a layer. Either it is in the Workspace Inspector, or popped out and somewhere on your main VDMX layout. The pop out button is in the upper right hand corner of the composition window. You can learn more about this in the basic VDMX docs and beginner tutorials.

For a four channel mixer, (based on your image above), you can put the effect on the mixer group (Like Group 1 or Sub Mix 2), or even make more grouped layers for each of the main image layers.

In the mixer you can select individual layers or groups to cross-fade between.