How to make vertical video?

I am trying to make vertical video. I have started with the default project (does this have a Template name?); and have tried the 4 Layer VJ Starter. I eject all sources, and delete all FX just to have a clean slate.

I go to Workspace Editor / Layers; and put my resolution in Canvas/Main Output controls (1080x1920); and I see a resized preview with handles. I set the layers to have Sizing Mode Copy, as I am using transparent PNG as my source. And I don’t want to stretch or fit it.

The output in … I guess the Canvas/Main Output? It is a box that displays the final mix but is not in Plugins in Workspace Inspector. The output here shows as streteched which is not the desired result.

The Output Preview window shows my SRC, but because I am using transparent images; it’s difficult to see where the bounding is. My mix is not stretched here.

Thank you.

I’m not sure why the canvas output (?) is in negative; my blend modes should be set to SourceAtop.

Could you send in your project and double check your sizing options? If it is set to stretch or fill, then your image is doing that for the main output.

Are there any resources that would instruct me on how to make a vertical video?