How is VDMX with Sonoma?

im just checking in to see how its going with Sonoma and the latest version of VDMX. I had Sonoma when it was first released but I was getting a lot of crashes with VDMX so I went back to Ventura, which has been working great!

I’m wondering how things are going now and if anyone is having any issues.

2022 MacBook Pro m2 24gb

For me, I’m using both a Macbook Pro M1 Max and a M3 Max with latest VDMX on macOS Sonoma 14.5 and it works fine, I don’t notice any problems that are specific to Sonoma

(I do have problems but those are the same problems I had on Ventura and earlier, Sonoma doesn’t change anything for the better or worse for me… I’m on Sonoma now because I was forced up, the M3 came with Sonoma pre-installed and I need the systems duplicated, but also because it allows the removal of the orange dot)

this is only my personal experience, others might have other…

I’m currently on Sonoma (to get past the annoying orange dot on the second screen). It’s going well now. I waited over a year to jump from OSX 12 to OSX 14. No complaints right now.

I just updated to the latest version and I’m having one somewhat frustrating issue:

When I use the movie recorder it always gets stuck on “saving recording to disk” which means I have to bring in a new movie recorder plugin if I want to record a new clip. I can still record still images, but the movie record button is grayed out. strangely, the clip I just recorded is usable.

throttle fps is unchecked
record audio is unchecked
custom export location is selected and sending to the desktop
everything else is unchanged

2022 MacBook m2 24gb

I just realized that it only gets stuck like that when record audio is unchecked

I’ve also just recently noted this problem! Is a rare task for me, but I just noticed the other day, didn’t have time to file a report at that moment. I’ll make sure to report the bug and project next time it happens, please do the same!

(And thanks for posting the workaround, I’ll test that next time too)

@GMM @illuminati_telethon Yes, we are aware of this bug. For now, keep audio enabled and it works fine.

1 Like

Did you try this for the orange dot? Hide privacy indicators on external displays in macOS - Apple Support

Yes. It’s dumb that it’s only in OSX 14.4+ but at least it’s an option.