How can i control the in and out points distance between each other with a fader or knob?

i want to be able to set the repite rate of a video section with a fader or a knob and not the in and out buttons on the player

You can set and adjust the in and out points of a slider by midi.
Select the slider you want to adjust the in/out points for.
Press CMD 2 to open up UI inspector
Press the + button, to add a new midi source.
To the right of that, change ‘val’ to ‘min’ or ‘max’.
You can now use a knob or fader to live adjust the min/max.

thanks but it does the same as selecting the slider like normal i want to be able to control the lenght of the loop with a slider or knob

Hmmm not sure I understand you…
eg Changing just the out point, of a loop, via midi, will change the length of the loop, making it longer or shorter…

thats precisely what i want

and then be able to scratch that loop size trough the time line

Hmmm getting closer I think. You are asking for 2 separate things.

1. Change the loop length.
You can already, change the out point (and length) of a loop, by using a midi knob…
I tried to explain how below, but the crucial bit is changing val to min or max. Max = outpoint of loop
So that is solved - you can adjust the loop length with a midi knob or fader.

“Select the slider you want to adjust the in/out points for.
Press CMD 2 to open up UI inspector
Press the + button, to add a new midi source.
To the right of that, change ‘val’ to ‘min’ or ‘max’.
You can now use a knob or fader to live adjust the min/max.”

2. To move a loop around on the timeline.
I don’t know how to slide a fixed-loop around…
(I feel like it was once possible to press Option + CMD at same time, and move both in + out points at same time, though that doesn’t work now… did I dream this?)

What you can do though - is just tap the ‘set’ buttons (via midi if you want) - to create the in and out points of your loop, and after a while press ‘reset’ for the out point to remove the outpoint, then create a different in/out point as it plays on… not as fluid as sliding a loop around (i’d like that too!), but still gets some loop variations happening…

From https://docs.vidvox.net/vdmx_media_types.html#movies-quicktime

• Set ” buttons will adjust the in or out loop-point of the movie to the current movie position.
  • Reset ” buttons are available for changing the in and out loop-points of the movie to the beginning and end points

yeah thats what i ve been doing whit the set buttons and a slider for the time line i used to be able to do iy in grid pro but that was along time ago