Horizontally Auto Load multiple Layer FX into little boxes below "Load Asset" from favorites

Hi all,
Over the years I’ve created many FX Chains, and I’ve forgotten what they do. In other times I know what they do and I would like to Load several of the Chains into The FX field all at once, into the little boxes, one box per Favorite (Horizontally). Is there a way to do that?
If I can do it all at once then I’ll be able to see what all the favorites do as they are labeled in the little boxes.
Also is there a way to delete all the FX in a vertical chain all at once. “Delete all”
If I have to Add assets one at a time, then when I create a new Preset (the little box) it shows the elements of the prior box, and I have to go down the chain deleting each FX one at a time, which is cumbersome. Thus the question- How to delete all within an fx chain.
Thanks,
-Enki

Hmm, not sure I fully comprehend what you mean, but if you are deleting a chain manually (delete all), why not just delete the chain entirely and make a new chain?

My goal is to move all Favorites into unique bins at once. See image.
Larger question, is this a bad strategy? (e.g. Is there a more elegant way to see what each FX chain does, and load it into the Array?)

If your goal is to review what a favorite FX chain actually does, in the Asset browser, the “Use Source” option lets you pick any source or layer in VDMX and preview the whole chain at once. You can then easily click through all favorites (or all effects for that matter) and review their processing visually instantly. The processed result appears in the preview window below.

I don’t think there is a way to automatically place FX chains into FX preset slots incrementally for a layer, but this function of the Asset browser practically has the same result if I understand your goal correctly; visually review in fast efficient way what a chain actually does.

(You can even expand any of the effects and adjust properties)

1 Like