Fixed length looping?

Reposting this question from the old forums in the hopes that something has changed since it was posted 7 years ago:

"I’m familiar with the standard functions of the loop in/out and reset buttons, but what I’m trying to figure out is how to set up single buttons that will initiate a fixed-length loop (like DJs have in Traktor)regardless of which clip is playing in the layer (they will be of different lengths - I don’t want to change the playspeed of the clip, I just want to be able to grab a fixed length period of whatever is playing). Ideally I could then press the same button again to release the loop (reset the beginning and end points so the clip just plays normally after that).

I want to set up 4 buttons for like 1 / 2 / 4 / 8 measures and have it be based on the clock.

Could anyone help me on this?

Thanks!"

https://vidvox.net/oldforums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9022&p=31107&hilit=loop#p31107

What’s really funny is that I forgot I was the person who originally asked the question back then too and then I found that post while trying to find the answer again.

1 Like

It’s not something I have a simple answer for, but I’ve added it to the VDMX feature requests. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like