Error when opening a project: Saves layout, but after first click, each separate plugin window 'jumps' to other screen

Error when opening a project/patch.

I’m using macbook pro + external monitor as extended desktop.

Whenever I open a project, it opens with my Saved layout of all the various plugin windows. However it opens them on the monitor window… Then after first click anywhere on each plugin, each separate plugin window ‘jumps’ to other screen and is just randomly stacked on top of each other on the right side.

Any ideas? I’ve got everything so detailed in my patch here I’d hate to have to start it again.

Thanks for any tips.

If I remember correctly there is a setting (in VDMX or system settings) where you tell VDMX to use the main monitor or not.

I had a look… I tried VDMX Preferences and Top Menu Bar / Window - Tried to toggle both “Lock Windows” and 'Keep On Main Screen" - saved/updated presets then reopen, but no luck. Plugins were all on the wrong screen / jumped on top of each other when touched.

However, I did discover templates whilst searching for your idea, so as a workaround I can now quickly just press the template I saved.

Still a strange bug? but a quick workaround. Thanks for making me search the toolbar!

Can you capture a screen recording of this? It’s hard to tell what is going on without seeing what you are doing.

Thanks