Console error relating to Vuo shader nodes when nodes are not in use

Hi guys

I’ve been having problems with some compositions in VDMX where they don’t render properly, they get “cut off” in the output window and preview windows. It’s a bit hard to explain but it’s something I’ve raised a while back and thought was fixed. Reading the console logs I was getting the error on this bug report - both in 8.7.2.7 and 8.7.2.9.

e[38;5;158m# pid=15910 t= 0.1883s VuoGlPool.cc:1531 VuoGlProgram_use() Image Shader (Lit): WARNING: Output of geometry shader ‘vertexPlaneToWorld’ not read by fragment shader
e[38;5;142m# pid=15894 t= 39.9677s VuoGlPool.cc:1531 VuoGlProgram_use() Image Shader (Lit): WARNING: Output of geometry shader ‘vertexPlaneToWorld’ not read by fragment shader
e[38;5;142m# pid=15894 t=117.9594s VuoGlPool.cc:1531 VuoGlProgram_use() Color Shader (Lit): WARNING: Output of geometry shader ‘vertexPlaneToWorld’ not read by fragment shader
e[38;5;142m# pid=15894 t=304.9983s VuoGlPool.cc:1531 VuoGlProgram_use() Color Shader (Lit): WARNING: Output of geometry shader ‘vertexPlaneToWorld’ not read by fragment shader

A lot of my compositions had lit colour and unlit colour shaders so I thought that was the problem, however I have removed all shaders from my comps and and am still getting the error in the console. I also created a brand new Vuo file and pasted in the nodes (that did not include any shaders) in case there was something in the memory that was still being referenced.

After removing the shaders I’ve not had this rendering issue happen yet - however it will be sometimes ok for hours and the I’ll trigger a comp randomly and then it “breaks” a bunch of other comps.

Do you know why it would be throwing this error if those nodes are not in use? I have removed any custom nodes, FFGL plugs and any Image Filter Protocol that I was using as effects.

It’s worth mentioning that there are no issues if I have “run Vuo files in separate processes” checked ON - however this is not a solution for my show this weekend, as there is a momentary pause each time I load in a new composition, even if it has been loaded in before. I did a 4 hour show with all the same the files I was troubleshooting today containing shader nodes on the weekend past without problems, with “run Vuo files in separate processes” checked ON.